All Cereals & Grains 20 Online technical content will be presented virtually
Technical Abstract Submission has now closed.
Posters will be presented as ePosters and available to all registrations for viewing.
Technical Orals will be available for viewing as pre-recorded presentations, with a designated Q&A session for discussion.
- Only abstracts for poster presentations will be considered during the August 18 - September 18 submission period.
- Edit and proof your abstract before submitting. Cereals and Grains will not edit abstract submissions; they will be published as submitted.
- Specifying a preference for an oral or poster presentation does not guarantee placement in that area. Final presentation type will be determined by the Program Team based on quality and subject matter that best fits the meeting program.
- An individual may be a presenter of only one (1) oral presentation and two (2) poster submissions.
- The designated presenting author (of either an oral technical or poster) MUST be registered for the Cereals & Grains 20 Annual Meeting and pay the fee by October 7, 2020. Failure to register will result in your abstract(s) being withdrawn from the meeting.
- Abstracts should be proofed to make sure all authors and affiliations were accepted to the online form.
- Publications of tables, charts, and graphs projected onto screens or posted at the annual meeting by anyone other than an author or presenter is prohibited unless a release has been requested and received in writing from an author or presenter.
Presentations for the Cereals & Grains 20 Online are based on an anonymous peer-review process with the same requirements used for review of submissions to Cereals & Grains scientific publications (i.e. Cereal Chemistry).
The Reviewers Look for the Consistency Between the:
- Materials and Methods
- Results and Conclusions
In Case of an Overview Presentation, Reviews Look for:
- Added Value
- Novelty of the Information Presented
In Addition, the Reviewers Consider the Following elements:
Use of company names is prohibited in titles of presentations. Use of registered or proprietary names or trademarks of ingredients, instruments or other items is discouraged in titles except when the name is so intimately connected with a particular process as to be synonymous with the method and results. Abstracts should minimize use of proprietary nomenclature or company name as well.
- Importance to the Advancement of Cereal Science
- Timeliness of the Subject Matter
- Clarity of the Presentation
Terms and Conditions
If the abstract is accepted, I agree that the designated presenting author will present the abstract at Cereals & Grains 20 Online, October 25 - November 13, 2020, and will register and pay the registration fee by October 7, 2020. I confirm that this is an original work and that the abstract has not been previously published. I and any contributing authors, as sole proprietors of the abstract, agree to transfer copyright of the abstract to Cereals & Grains. Abstracts will be posted online in September 2020. By agreeing, I accept this copyright transfer.
I understand that failure to accept the copyright transfer will result in the immediate cancellation of my abstract submission.
Submission Form Instructions
- Objectives, methods, and results are required in the abstract
- Presenters should NOT submit work previously presented at Cereals & Grains Annual Meetings
- Abstract should highlight clear scientific advancements
- Abstract should state relevance to industry or cereal grain science community
- Acronyms should be explained
- Abstract should be written in grammatically correct English
- Submitter's Email Address
- Presentation Type
- There is a limit of one (1) oral presentation per submitter or presenter
- Presentation time allotted for oral presentations are dependent upon where in the program they are slotted. Presentation times will be announced when the presentation date and time are announced
- Presentation date and time will be announced at a later date
- All oral technical session slides must be in PowerPoint. You will recieve instructions prior to the meeting detailing where and how you will upload your presentation on=site before your presentation.
- There is a limit of two (2) poster submissions per presenter
- Presenters are required to be present at their poster during certain time frames throughout the meeting (designated times to be announced).
Select the UN Sustainable Development Goals that your abstract supports:
- Fundamental/Basic Research
- Applied Research
- No Poverty
- Zero Hunger
- Good Health and Well-Being
- Quality Education
- Gender Equality
- Clean Water and Sanitation
- Affordable and Clean Energy
- Decent Work and Economic Growth
- Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure
- Reduced Inequalities
- Sustainable Cities and Communities
- Responsible Consumption and Production
- Climate Action
- Life Below Water
- Life on Land
- Peace, Justice and Strong Institutions
- Partnerships for the Goals
- Indicate which of the following Daily Questions best applies to your submission
Publish With...Select all that Apply
Indicate if your Submission would be of Interest to a Larger News Audience
Terms & Conditions...Check if Accept
Student Travel Award
- Indicate which of the following program tracks best applies to your submission
Texture Technologies Quality Research Award
- Indicate if you are eligible and interested in the Cereals & Grains 20 Foundation Student Travel Award
- Indicate if you would like to Apply for this Award
- You may only apply for one student paper award per abstract submission
- Carbohydrate Division Best Student Research Paper Awards
- Cincinnati Section Best Student Poster Award
- Engineering and Processing Division Best Student Paper Award
- Nutrition Division Best Student Paper Award
- Protein Division Best Student Paper Award
- Rheology Division Isydore Hlynka Best Student Paper Award
- Click on "Add New Person" and type the name of the abstract author (presenting author and/or co-author) in the "Search" field. If the author is in the database, select their name. If multiple names display, select the record that displays the most recent known email address.
- After on Add new person and type the name of the abstract author (presenting author and/or co-author) in the Search field. If the author is in the database, select their name. If multiple names display, select the record that displays the most recent known email address.
- If the author is not found in the database, select “Can’t find the person you’re looking for?” and then click on “Add New Person.” Continue to complete all required (*) fields and Save.
- The first person added will be designated as the Presenting Author, but this role can be changed after multiple authors have been entered.
- The presenting author email is used for all future communications and should be the same email used for registration. If the presenting author is changed after the program book has been finalized, the new author’s name will not be reflected in the book. The change will be reflected in the app.
- Abstract Maximum of 400 words
- The Abstract must be in one paragraph
- DO NOT include the title, author name(s), or author affiliations in the abstract text field
- Use the abstract toolbar to add formatting (italics, superscripts, or subscripts)
- Word count is limited to 400. No extensions on length of abstracts
- The abstract submissions fee is $55.00 (USD). It is non-refundable and payable by credit card.
- Scroll to bottom of page and click "Conclude Submission" to ensure your abstract is submitted
A confirmation e-mail, for each abstract submission, will be sent to the designated presenter. This will come from email@example.com. Check your regular inbox; and your SPAM or JUNK e-mail folders in case it is delivered there.
Notification of acceptance will be emailed to the presenting author only.
If you have any questions, please send your inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org.